Tuesday, April 05, 2005

An unfaithful lady.

The truth I must tell at last.
I have been unfaithful.
I have forsaken my first love. Oh yes, I will allways love her, her kindness warms my heart.
But I was weak, and I yielded for the strenght of a cold hearted Lady.
Her exactingness gives me no rest. I have to work to the bone to please her.

I have abandoned Lady Cecilia for worshipping a new Goddess: Caissa.

This coming summer I was offered to do a course of music.
At the same time there is an important chess tournament.
Not so long ago I did not have to think about it: I would choose the music.
Music was my greatest love.
And now?
Instead of the sweetness of heavenly musical grounds I go to the battlefield. You all, knights, can understand it, when you have worked hard to sharpen your sword, you want to fight.

So, my fair Goddess Caissa, I hope you will reward me, and stand aside me in the chess arena.

4 comments:

Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Margriet, this is only the beginning. After music, you will start giving up other things, like food, sleep, and possibly even air.

Margriet said...

Sigh...

Pawnsensei said...

Bah! Food and sleep are for the weak! Air on the other hand. That one I think you need.

PS

King of the Spill said...

I can appreciate your position, having make a sacrifice for Caissa like that ...